MEET LUKE NGUYEN
Celebrity chef, author and APT Brand Ambassador since 2011
Luke Nguyen is a renowned Vietnamese-Australian chef, who opened his first restaurant in Sydney aged just 23. Since then he has authored seven best-selling and award-winning cook books; judged and hosted for the popular TV show MasterChef Australia; been inducted into the Sydney Morning Herald’s Food Hall of Fame for his cooking and travel programmes; and opened further successful restaurants in Sydney, Brisbane and Hong Kong, plus his GRAIN cookery school in Ho Chi Minh City.
Luke Nguyen, explains his strong affiliation with the region and why, through his relationship with APT, he loves the opportunity to share his passion for Asian food and travel with others:
I first became involved with APT in 2011. From the outset, APT were clear that they wanted to work with someone who would do more than simply add their name to a journey. APT wanted an ambassador for the region that would help to shape the product. Someone to add real authenticity to what its guests would see and experience on their Asia holiday. I saw it as an opportunity to share my culture, my cuisine and my passion for a range of amazing destinations.
Food is a really important expression of Asian culture. It’s also very much a family affair, it’s a bonding process and brings people together. Street food in
particular is a display of how people in Asia socialise outside the home. In showcasing the cuisine to APT’s guests, how it is sourced and made, what I aim to do is open the door to the local way of life.
To celebrate APT’s 90th anniversary, when you book from this promotion you’ll be entered into a draw to win one of 16 places on an exclusive Asian cookery class with Luke Nguyen! Food plays an important part in Asian culture so if you’re planning a holiday to the region then it’s only natural that you’ll want to find out more about the dishes and ingredients that locals use.
COOKERY CLASS WITH LUKE NGUYEN
The two-hour long cookery class will be held at the Waitrose Cooking School in Finchley Road, London on Tuesday 5th September 2017. Luke will take you through three dishes, offering a hands-on, fun and informative cooking experience. The class will include dishes that feature at the Luke Nguyen welcome banquet served aboard APT’s Luxury river ship, the RV AmaLotus.
LUKE’S FIVE REASONS TO VISIT ASIA RIGHT NOW:
1. Because the food is fantastic – street food and Asian fusion restaurants serve up authentic, delicious and honest soul food in an array of settings. Why not try a bowl of fresh steaming Pho ladled from pot to bowl in Ho Chi Minh City; a glass of steaming sweet Cambodian coffee; or Chinese Hutong dumplings? If you stay in Saigon then you can experience an exclusive dinner at Xu restaurant.
2. You’ll see the Asia of old and new – Asia’s beauty lies in its contrasts, ancient traditions sit side-by-side with cutting edge technology. It’s intoxicating and mesmerising. Go now so you can still see special places and communities.
3. Sail into the heart of your destination – some Asian communities are hard to reach by road, especially those on the rivers. That’s where the beauty of river cruising comes in. On a river ship you can access people and places that land tours simply can’t reach while travelling in the comfort of your floating hotel. It’s a great way to explore and it’s a travel style I highly recommend if you’re an inquisitive traveller.
4. Shopping the markets and malls – Asian shopping is like no other. Always barter and make sure you get a good deal. The locals will expect it and travellers should embrace it. Nowadays you can also see many designer names in the main cities. So whether you like a bargain or a top brand there is something to suit all.
5. You’ll receive the warmest welcome – wherever you travel in Asia one thing remains the same. The people are warm, welcoming and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble and you’ll always receive service with a genuine and heartfelt smile.
Prize Draw Terms & Conditions: Book by Monday 17th July 2017 to be automatically entered into the prize draw. It is a condition of entry that these rules are accepted as final and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. A maximum of eight winners will be drawn at random from all qualifying bookings made by the closing date. The winners will be contacted by ROL Cruise within seven days of the closing date of the prize draw. Should ROL Cruise be unable to contact the winner or should the winner be unable to accept the prize, ROL & APT reserve the right to award the prize to an alternative qualifying winner. Each winner will receive a place for two adults on a group Vietnamese cookery class with celebrity chef and APT ambassador Luke Nguyen, at Waitrose Cooking School, Finchley Road, London on Tuesday 5th September 2017. Cookery classes last approximately two hours and include canapés on arrival, selected beverages, instruction on how to prepare and cook three Asian-style dishes, and ingredients. The prize does not include travel to or from the event, accommodation, personal expenditure or incidental costs. Provision of the prize is the responsibility of APT. All elements of the prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. Winners agree to abide by any conditions or participant requirements set by the venue (Waitrose Cooking School). Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of ROL and APT. Accordingly APT may, at its absolute discretion, vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to ROL and/or APT as a result thereof. These Terms and Conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of these Terms or their subject matter is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.