As we begin to return to travel, many cruise lines and travel partners are working hard to establish new and elevated health and safety procedures and protocols in line with Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) recommendations.
Your safety and wellbeing are always the cruise lines’ priority and they want to ensure that you can travel without worry and stay safe throughout your holiday. Cruise lines already have medical facilities and doctors on board ships, they already operate pre-screening, and are already used to cleaning and sanitisation, but we are all adjusting to a new way of travel.
One of the great things about the cruise industry is its ability to adapt, and in taking advice from public health authorities, cruise lines are implementing ways in which they can keep you safe at sea. Here are just some of the new and enhanced health and safety procedures some cruise lines are implementing to keep you safe and give you peace of mind at sea…
Understanding and knowledge
- Every crew member undergoes a health check and have completed WHO’s official COVID-19 course for hygiene procedures and infection management
- As normal service resumes, the overall number of guests on board will be reduced, giving you plenty of space around you when aboard
- Before embarkation, guests will be required to hand in a health questionnaire which ensures the safety of themselves, fellow passengers, and crew
- Crew have thorough first-aid training and can quickly contact healthcare professionals should any medical need arise
Strict cleaning practices on board
- Gloves, face masks and small bottles of hand sanitizer will be readily available for each guest
- Each ship will have a new team dedicated to ensuring communal areas are continually cleaned and disinfected
- Sanitizing dispensers will be placed at the entrance to the ship and in other strategic locations throughout the decks
- Any on board payments are processed using a contactless payment method and credit card machines will be wiped after each pin entry
- Housekeeping staff disinfect all public area touch points and hot spots throughout the day, including all handrails and door handles
- All staterooms and suites are thoroughly cleaned daily
- All air-conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected on each embarkation day before rooming takes place
- More seating sessions for dining will be added so that there will be fewer people having their meals there at any time
- Instead of self-service buffets, wait staff will serve food directly to your individual plate
- The kitchens will continue to uphold their usual high standards of hygiene and quality
- Cruise lines are working closely with their travel partners to enhance health and safety protocols:
- Transportation is cleaned and wiped with disinfectant before each use
- The maximum occupancy per bus/coach has been adjusted to reduce the total number of people together at one time
- Face masks are also available on the buses/coaches, in addition to the staterooms
Your health and safety is of paramount importance and you can rest assured that all cruise lines are looking forward to welcoming you back on board.