CRUISE MILES™ TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Cruise Miles™ is a scheme operated by us. We are Reader Offers Limited, trading as ROL Cruise, our company number is 03036965 and our registered address is 8th Floor, Becket House, 36-37 Old Jewry, London, EC2R 8DD.
Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before joining the Cruise Miles™ scheme. By joining the Cruise Miles™ scheme, earning and/or redeeming Cruise Miles, you agree to be bound by the provisions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound in this way, do not continue to access or use the Cruise Miles™ scheme. We may modify these provisions at any time. Any such modifications are effective immediately from the time they are included on our website. You agree to review these provisions regularly to ensure you become aware of any modifications to them and by continuing to access or use the Cruise Miles™ scheme you agree to be bound by the revised terms and conditions.
Glossary of terms
“Adult” is deemed to be any named Member aged 18 or above at the time of the booking, enquiry or registration being made.
“Non-preferred partners” is a non-exhaustive list of cruise and land based partners that are considered by us as non-preferred.
“Gifted Cruise Miles” are any Cruise Miles that have been awarded for any reason other than those earned in relation to a new cruise booking.
“you, Member or Adult” means any member of the Cruise Miles™ scheme.
“we, us or our” means Reader Offers Ltd. “Cruise Mile or Cruise Miles” relates to the points earned, gifted and redeemed under the Cruise Miles™ scheme.
1. Cruise Miles™ Membership
- 1.1 To be eligible to hold a Cruise Miles™ account you must be able to provide a valid address
- 1.2 You can register for membership online on our website or, if you are not already registered, you will be automatically registered as a Member when you are included as a party on a booking with us. If you do not wish to be automatically registered as a Member please notify us that you do not wish to be registered at the time of your booking.
- 1.3 Your Cruise Miles™ account will be linked to the address you provided when you registered online or, if you were automatically registered, provided on your booking or enquiry. Each Member at that address will have their own Cruise Miles™ account which can be linked to a “household account” for that address. If you are a new Member and there is an existing household account for the address you provided you will only be added to that account if the existing household contact requests this, otherwise we will set up a separate household account in respect of the booking, enquiry and/or registration.
- 1.4 There can only be one named contact for the household account and this will be the person named on the online registration form if registering online (unless you are added to an existing account) or the lead passenger if the household account is set up automatically when a booking or enquiry is made with us.
- 1.5 If registered online, the household contact will receive online access to information relating to the household account including details of each Cruise Miles™ account linked to that household account. If registered automatically on booking the household contact will receive a welcome pack with details of online access. Please note that an email address needs to have been provided at the time of booking for online access to be set up.
- 1.6 The household contact has administrative rights over the Cruise Miles™ account and is the only Member who can add household Members and change the household address. It is the responsibility of the household contact to keep us informed if the circumstances change for his/her household or the household Members.
- 1.7 Any Member may remove themselves from association with an existing household account by assigning themselves as a new head of household account, or being added to an existing household account. Your individual Cruise Miles balance will be transferred with you.
- 1.8 The household contact will, by default, be the lead marketing contact for the household and the Member to which the household marketing preferences apply.
- 1.9 Reader Offers Ltd reserves the right to refuse to add any more Members to a household account for any reason.
- 1.10 Only one Cruise Miles™ membership is allowed per Reader Offers Ltd Member.
- 1.11 If the household contact dies the household account will be dormant unless or until another Member of that household notifies us that it is to become the household contact. Any Cruise Miles™ in a deceased Member’s account may be claimed by their legal beneficiaries within 4 years of the date of their death. We will require evidence of the beneficiary’s entitlement which is satisfactory to us before releasing any Cruise Miles™.
2. Earning Cruise Miles™
- 2.1 Cruise Miles™ can only be earned by Adults.
- 2.2 Cruise Miles™ are earned as follows: 1 Cruise Mile per £1 spent with Reader Offers Ltd for any new cruise bookings after the start of the Member’s membership, unless otherwise stated in a promotion.
- 2.3 Cruise Miles™ earned on a new booking will be distributed between all named Adults on that booking proportionate to spend.
- 2.4 Cruise Miles gifted by Reader Offers Ltd for a booking will be distributed evenly between all named Adults on the booking for which they were gifted.
- 2.5 Gifted Cruise Miles awarded for new registrations to Cruise Miles membership, will be awarded per person according to the value on offer at the time of registration.
- 2.6 Cruises booked on board by Members will earn Cruise Miles once the cruise has been officially transferred to Reader Offers Ltd. 2.7 In the event of a cruise, or any element of a cruise booking, being cancelled, including any travelling Adults, all Cruise Miles earned on that element or elements of the booking will be forfeited.
- 2.8 Cruise Miles cannot be earned on past cruise bookings made with Reader Offers Ltd prior to the start of the
3. Member’s Cruise Miles membership - Redeeming your Cruise Miles
- 3.1 Cruise Miles redemption value is 1p per Cruise Mile.
- 3.2 Cruise Miles can only be redeemed against the total value of a new cruise booking made through Reader Offers Ltd with a preferred partner after the start of the Member's membership. Non-qualifying bookings are any other bookings, including (without limitation) day trips, special events, previously booked cruises or bookings made with non-preferred partners.
- 3.3 Cruise Miles can only be redeemed at the time of making a new booking and you must notify the cruise specialist at the time of booking if you would like to redeem your Cruise Miles against that booking. After that time, no further Cruise Miles may be redeemed on that booking.
- 3.4 For bookings made with non preferred partners Cruise Miles can be earned but not redeemed. Cruise Miles will not be awarded for non-qualifying bookings. Other items may be excluded from the scheme at any time at the discretion of Reader Offers Ltd, and will be outlined in the relevant promotional material.
- 3.5 Cruise Miles can only be redeemed on ‘booked on board’ bookings with our cruise line partners for new cruise bookings at the time the booking is officially transferred to Reader Offers Ltd.
- 3.6 Cruise Miles cannot be redeemed against deposits, balance payments, upgrades, advance registrations, or any other additional amount related to existing cruise bookings through Reader Offers Ltd.
- 3.7 Restrictions may apply where Cruise Miles cannot be redeemed in conjunction with any other discount or discount voucher issued by Reader Offers Ltd, or any cruise line.
- 3.8 Cruise Miles cannot be exchanged for any monetary value other than against the total value of a new cruise booking with Reader Offers Ltd.
- 3.9 In the event of a cruise, or any element of a cruise booking, being cancelled, including any travelling adults, all Cruise Miles redeemed on that element of the booking will be credited back to the Members’ Cruise Miles account. There is no cash alternative.
- 3.10 Cruise Miles are non transferrable to third parties, except by special request made in writing from the current Cruise Miles Member and at the sole discretion of Reader Offers Ltd.
- 3.11 Reader Offers Ltd remains the owner of all Cruise Miles and they remain the property of Reader Offers Ltd at all times.
- 3.12 Cruise Miles may not be redeemed against the booking on which they were earned.
- 3.13 Any Adult can redeem the Cruise Miles of any other passenger on the same household account as long as they are a named traveller on the booking. It is the sole responsibility of the Adult to obtain permission to redeem Cruise Miles on behalf of other passengers. Reader Offers Ltd accepts no responsibility for the fraudulent use of Cruise Miles.
- 3.15 A Cruise Miles Member must be a named traveller on a booking for their Cruise Miles to be redeemed on that booking.
- 3.16 If redeemed Cruise Miles have been earned on a cruise which is later cancelled then those Cruise Miles will be forfeited. If the Cruise Miles have already been redeemed then the Member redeeming the Cruise Miles hereby agrees to pay us the cash equivalent of those redeemed Cruise Miles on demand.
4. Purchasing Cruise Miles
- 4.1 Cruise Miles may at times be purchased by Members when invited to do so by Reader Offers Ltd.
- 4.2 Reader Offers Ltd reserves the right to limit the value of purchased Cruise Miles which may be redeemed against any particular cruise on a case by case basis.
- 4.3 Members are permitted to cancel their purchased Cruise Miles and will receive a full refund once a letter or email has been received from the Cruise Miles Member within 14 days of the purchase date. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from purchase. To exercise the right to cancel you must inform Concierge@readeroffers.travel or Concierge, Reader Offers Ltd, Lexden House, London Road, Lexden, Colchester, Essex, CO3 4DB. If Reader Offers Ltd gifted any Cruise Miles with your purchase, these will be automatically removed from your account upon cancellation of your purchased Cruise Miles. Gifted Cruise Miles are not refundable. [we will review this against existing consumer law legislation].
- 4.4 Reader Offers Ltd reserves the right to terminate membership if it has been found that Cruise Miles have been purchased fraudulently. If Reader Offers Ltd deems that Cruise Miles have been purchased fraudulently the right to cancel and receive a full refund will be forfeited.
- 4.5 Purchased Cruise Miles will be assigned to the household Member making the purchase, unless Reader Offers Ltd are advised otherwise at the time of purchase.
5. Termination or amendment of the scheme
- 5.1 Reader Offers Ltd may terminate any Cruise Miles Member’s membership at any time without notice if we reasonably believe that the Member has acted in a way that harms the business. These actions include but are not limited to: illegal or fraudulent activities; hostile, abusive or aggressive behaviour towards staff; knowingly providing us with false or misleading information, or failure to comply with these terms and conditions.
- 5.2 Reader Offers Ltd reserves the right to amend or terminate the Cruise Miles scheme, including the value of the Cruise Miles when redeemed and the number of Cruise Miles awarded for each £1 spent at any time upon reasonable notice.
- 5.3 Reader Offers Ltd reserve the right to introduce an expiry date on any Cruise Miles earned or gifted, if not stated at the time of receivership, upon reasonable notice.
- 5.4 Reader Offers Ltd reserve the right to add or remove additional preferred partners to the Cruise Miles scheme at any time. Further terms and conditions will apply to all bookings made with our preferred partners.
- 5.5 Reader Offers Ltd reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of Cruise Miles at any time.
6. Data protection
7. Your Cruise Miles Account
- 7.1 Cruise Miles balances will be updated daily via an automated system.
- 7.2 Reader Offers Ltd reserves the right to remove any duplicate Cruise Miles accounts and any gifted Cruise Miles will be forfeited.
- 7.3 Cruise Miles balances can be accessed online at www.cruisemiles.travel, by phoning 0845 458 4598 and may occasionally be found on marketing correspondence.
8. Our liability
- 8.1 Reader Offers Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised spending of your Cruise Miles balance, online or otherwise. It is your responsibility to ensure that all information relating to your Cruise Miles is securely stored, and redemption of your cruise miles is carried out securely and appropriately.
9. Force Majeure
- 9.1 The failure of Reader Offers Ltd to comply with the terms and conditions due to force majeure, including but not limited to war, fire, riot, terrorism, earthquake, actions of government or any other event or incident, shall not be deemed a breach of the Cruise Miles terms and conditions.
- 10.1 The law of England and Wales applies to these terms and conditions, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales in the event of a dispute.
- 11.1 We shall have no liability for claims that arise from you not being able to access the website or any interruption, or a failure to complete a transaction.
- 11.2 We shall have no liability to you for any liabilities you suffer which relate solely to any business undertaken by you.
- 11.3 Nothing in this contract shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury due to our negligence or any liability which is due to our fraud or anyother liability which we are not permitted to exclude or limit as a matter of law.
- 11.4 Nothing in this contract shall exclude or limit any of your statutory rights which may not be excluded or limited to you acting as a consumer. Any provision which would be void under any consumer protection legislation or other legislation shall to that extent, have no force or effect.
12.1 Please contact us:
By post at Cruise Miles, Reader Offers Ltd, Lexden House, London Road, Colchester, Esses, CO15 4QE
By telephone on 0845 6000 191
By e-mail at email@example.com
Via the website situated at the URL www.cruisemiles.travel - with any queries in relation to your account.
- 12.2 No waiver by us of any breach of the terms and conditions shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same provision or any other provision.
- 12.3 If any provision of the terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of the terms and conditions and the remainder of the affected provision shall be unaffected and shall remain in full force and effect.
- 12.4 Neither party shall have any liability to the other for any delay in performance of the terms and conditions (other than in relation to payment) to the extent that such delay is due to any events outside the affected party’s reasonable control including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, subcontractor delays, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events. If a party is affected by any such event then time for performance shall be extended for a period equal to the period that such event or events delayed such performance.
- 12.5 You may not assign the contract or your interest in the contract without our written consent.
- 12.6 The contract cannot be enforced by a person who is not a party to the contract.